Why be Baptized?
There are two reasons to be baptized:
1) to obey Jesus' command and
2) to publicly proclaim personal faith in Jesus Christ and confirm our identity with him. Baptism always follows salvation and serves as a visual witness to others of our faith in Jesus Christ.
Baptism by immersion is a visual representation of the gospel story: When Jesus died, he was buried in the ground and rose again. Baptism is a drama reenacting what Jesus did for us - except it is in water and only for a few seconds. That is why we practice baptims by immersion at Wooddale Church. Most Wooddale Church baptisms are conducted in the circular pool in the Worship Center, although several outdoor baptism times are scheduled each summer at area lakes.
Biblical baptism serves as a declaration of our participation in the body of Christ, the church. Biblical baptism is also an act of submission. When we are baptized we are humbly admitting that we are sinners who can't forgive our own sins. We admit we need Jesus Christ as Savior.
If you are interested in more information on the importance of baptism or in being baptized, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Pastoral Care office at 952-944-6300 to set up an appointment with a pastor.
2013 Lake Baptism Dates:
- Sunday, June 23 at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25 at 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 8 at 4:00 p.m.
All Lake Baptisms take place at Riley Lake Park, 9224 Riley Lake Rd, Eden Prairie, MN 55347.