Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
We at Wooddale Church hope this season of life will be a rich experience as you prepare to join together in Christian marriage. We want to be helpful in your preparation for marriage and the planning of your wedding.
Learn more about our marriage prerequisites, premarital counseling and premarital seminars by visiting the links below. If you are looking for detailed information regarding all of that and more, please look through our Wedding Information Booklet.
Contact the Pastoral Care Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-944-6300 x224 to receive a Wedding packet including the Wedding Information Booklet, information form and price list.
May God bless you in this exciting time of engagement and in your future married life.
Our goal is to help you prepare for a successful, satisfying marriage. To do this, a couple ought to honor God and his Word. We have adopted the following biblical principles to help you as a couple begin your marriage in the most God-honoring way possible.
- Membership or regular attendance at Wooddale Church for at least six months prior to the wedding (attendance is recorded by completion of information cards in the worship services).
- Complete premarital counseling offered through Wooddale Church.
- If you live together and/or are sexually active read “Understanding Sex,” included in this booklet. Normally, couples who live together and/or are sexually active will be asked to separate and adopt a celibate lifestyle until marriage.
- If formerly married, read “Statement on Divorce,” included in this booklet, prior to your initial meeting with a pastor.
- Normally, meeting with the pastor and reserving of the building should be completed at least four months in advance of the wedding date.
- Contact the Pastoral Care Administrative Assistant at 952-944-6300 x224 to receive a Wedding packet including the Wedding Information Booklet, information form, and price list.
The Premarital Seminar is part of a comprehensive approach to helping couples prepare for marriage. This one-day seminar covers many of the aspects of marriage from the biblical basis for marriage to communication, conflict resolution, financial aspects of marriage and sex in marriage. This fast-paced seminar includes opportunity for interaction, a panel of married couples (to whom you can ask any question) and lunch! The seminar runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and costs $50/couple.
Premarital Seminar Date for 2013:
September 14, 2013 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Register Here
Premarital Counseling at Wooddale Church involves the following:
- Initial meeting with a pastor
- Completion of the PREPARE inventory
- Three or more additional meetings with a pastor or marriage counselor
- Read material sent to you and complete the “Background Information” questionnaire. Then call the church office to schedule an appointment for both of you to meet with the pastor you desire to officiate at your wedding.
Initial Meeting With A Pastor
This is an informal time to get acquainted and talk over matters that relate to your marriage and wedding. You will be asked a number of questions about yourselves, such as:
- How long have you been together? How long have you been engaged?
- How long have you been attending Wooddale Church?
- Share a little about your Christian experience. (It is important to note that the Bible does not allow marriage of a Christian to a non-Christian.)
- Tell a little about your family backgrounds and your goals and plans for the future.
- Why do you want to get married?
- What can Wooddale Church and its staff do to help you prepare for your wedding and marriage?
- What questions do you have?
- The PREPARE inventory is a tool designed to help you learn more about yourself, your partner, and your relationship. You will be able to take the PREPARE inventory individually online, and it will take about one hour to complete. Please make an appointment with your officiating pastor to review the results.
Subsequent Meetings With Officiating Pastor or Professional Counselor
The officiating pastor or professional counselor will use the PREPARE inventory as the basis for at least four additional meetings designed to provide guidance and counseling for your relationship. Following the premarital counseling the officiating pastor and another pastor will consult and make a recommendation to you. No wedding date will be confirmed on the calendar until all these steps have been completed.