What is the Wooddale Table?
The Table is online application made to help Wooddalers serve, pray and meet each other more easily. Its purpose to help people live church together outside the walls of the church buildings.
What can I do on The Table?
- Browse a directory of people and groups at Wooddale Church
- Share your prayer requests with Wooddale and respond to the prayer requests of others
- Serve others at Wooddale and share items you are willing to donate or lend to others
- Much more—watch this video for an online demonstration
This looks like Facebook...
Read this article from the team at The Tableproject explaining how this differs from Facebook. Whether or not you are already a Facebook user, The Table has features that help people live church together. While Facebook is great at sharing things, very few people can use it in a way that helps them grow in their faith.
What if I don’t like Facebook or social media?
That’s okay; while this definitely has elements of social media like Twitter or Facebook, it’s made to serve the church, so we invite you to at least take a look at it. But, this may not be for you and if it isn’t, we hope you’ll get connected to Wooddale Church in one of many other ways.
How do I join the Wooddale Table?
Click the "Join Here" button at the top of the page to get started.
Who is allowed to join the Wooddale Table?
Only Wooddale members and regular attenders who are currently attending one of our campuses or involved with one of our groups are allowed to join. If you are not in our system but have started attending, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invitation.
Who is allowed to create a group on The Table?
Any member of The Table is allowed to create a group. Groups can be open (anyone can join), restricted (group members are approved by the group leaders), or hidden (groups are not shown in the group directory). If you would like for your group to become Wooddale-official, please email your group details to email@example.com.
How do I receive more or less email from The Table?
You can adjust the amount of email you receive from The Table by editing your profile. To do so, click the menu dropdown at the top right of the screen and click "Edit Profile" under your profile picture. From there, click "Notifications & Email" and adjust the settings to your preference. You can change the amount of notifications you receive for individual applications (Prayer, Serve, etc.) or for everything at once. You can also adjust the amount of notifications you receive from any group you have joined.
Is the Wooddale Table safe?
Yes on multiple levels.
From a connection standpoint, The Table is an extension of our physical community; the people you see on The Table are the same people who are physically present with us during our worship services and other church activities. Therefore, all the same common sense rules about relating to others face-to-face apply on The Table as well.
From an appropriateness standpoint, everyone on The Table has the ability to flag any content that is in some way inappropriate. When content is flagged, it is immediately taken down until it can be reviewed.
From a demographic standpoint, individuals on The Table must be 13 because federal law prohibits the sharing of email addresses for individuals under that age. In addition, The Table has some adult-teen interaction restrictions built into it.
Finally from a technical standpoint, every account is password protected and secured at every level by account-based permission checks. If the account attempting to access a piece of data doesn't have permission to see that data, the request is simply rejected. Furthermore, these requests are made over an HTTPS connection, protected by the same kind of strong encryption that banks use on their websites. The Table also has a professional-grade firewall in place, and has been "black box" audited by an online security testing tool called ZeroDayScan, and no vulnerabilities were found.
What are some prayer guidelines?
Please consider the following guidelines when posting a prayer request on the Prayer Wall:
- Speak for yourself.
- As you share personal information, please consider if it is suitable for public knowledge
- Respect the privacy of others. When posting a request on behalf of another person:
- Ask permission from the person before posting when possible
- Maintain confidentiality. Only include information the person is comfortable communicating publicly.
- Ask yourself, “How would I feel about others knowing the information included if I were the one being prayed for?”
- Remember, God knows our situations and our needs. He can be trusted to provide for us (see Matthew 6:25-34). The purpose of the Prayer Wall is not to broadcast the details of our situations but to invite others to join us in asking God to make known to us His presence and provision.
- Don’t use the Prayer Wall for solicitation purposes. Certainly ask for prayer for general needs but specific needs like finding daycare or someone to buy your car are best accomplished through the Classifieds Discussion or the Serve application on the Table when it is available.
- If you have an issue or disagreement with someone, don’t use a prayer request to vent your frustration or communicate the situation to others.
Yes, both! All members agree to these when signing up for The Table.