This position performs various cleaning, maintenance and facility set up tasks to provide all staff and visitors a safe and clean environment by maintaining standards of cleanliness and freedom from hazards. This on call custodian position will typically require evening hours on Friday, Saturday and/or Sundays.
- Ability and aptitude for basic computer, and custodial skills.
- Ability to communicate, work with others and desire to serve through this ministry.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
- Support the traditional evangelical theology for which Wooddale Church stands.
- Must be a member, or a regular attender of Wooddale Church, or a member of a Conservative Evangelical Church organization.
- Assist in keeping assigned buildings and premises neat, clean, and safe at all times.
- Clean facility premises, such as removing trash, vacuuming and sweeping, scrubbing sinks and counters.
- Operate all types of power floor machines, scrubbers, wet and dry vacuums, and carpet maintenance machines.
- Report any unsafe situations to the Facility Manager.
- Ensure that all sidewalks, stairs, and exits are free of snow and ice during the winter months.
- In summer months, a more thorough cleaning, including cleaning furniture, walls, fixtures, and windows, will be assigned.
- Assist in keeping assigned buildings and premises in good repair.
- Report all major and minor repairs to the Facility Manager or Facility Engineer.
- Maintain assigned work area.
- Refill and make minor repairs and adjustments on dispensing machines.
- Accurate and efficient room set up and recovery of space.
- Custodians must be able to read and follow systems and processes for the Facilities department.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation:
This position involves intermediate working conditions that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require moderate work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects involving room setup/takedown and maintenance tasks. This position may be required to use of several types of ladders. This position may stand for sustained periods of time and/or walk for long distances moving from one work site to another on the church premises.
Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Lifting, Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling and/or Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Communicating, Standing, Stooping and Crouching, or, Walking.
- Reports and receives daily instruction from senior Full Time Facilities staff on duty that shift.
- May supervise volunteer help and /or Part-Time workers as directed.
- Coordinates activities and schedule with Facility Manager or designated Full Time Facilities department staff member.
This job description describes the general nature and work expected of an individual assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by the Facility Manager, Facility Engineer, or member of the Pastoral staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com