Vision ‘22 Acceleration: Centers of Hope
God established Wooddale Church 75 years ago as a place of hope in our community. Throughout many church plants, two campus launches and the efforts of global partners, we’ve impacted hundreds of thousands of lives with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
In 2014, God renewed our vision to:
Impart the hope of the gospel to 700,000 people here, near, and far
and to create a clear pathway to spiritual maturity by 2022.
As we look ahead to the next phase of Vision ‘22, we believe the changing cultural and church landscape in America and beyond requires us to innovate in reaching our neighbors and impacting communities for Christ. We believe God wants us to focus on these unique opportunities to leverage the hope of the gospel:
- A coffee shop campus in the 7 Corners neighborhood ($600K) within walking distance of the University of Minnesota law school, Carlson School of Management and Humphrey School of Public Affairs to impact emerging leaders, young adults and others from the nations
- The purchase of the Music Box Theatre ($1.95M) as the long-term home of the Loring Park campus, offering hope through local youth ministries, Fare for All, Celebrate Recovery and more
- Debt reallocation ($1.65M) to be wise stewards of what God has entrusted to us and free up resources to fund future ministry opportunities, staff and needed maintenance
- Church planting overseas through partnership with The Timothy Initiative ($1.5M) to expand our goal to 8,000-12,000 churches planted by 2022
- Refreshing our campuses to enhance the guest experience ($1.7M) through things like new carpeting in the Worship Center of our Eden Prairie campus and tech upgrades at Edina and Loring Park
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.”