- Baptism is an essential part of a Christian’s identification with Jesus Christ.
Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit . . .” (Matthew 28:19)
- Baptism is a demonstration of our love and obedience.
Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” (John 14:15)
- It is an outward sign of an inward commitment.
“Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.” (Acts 2:41)
- Throughout the book of Acts, wherever baptism occurred it always followed a profession of belief in Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is a picture of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
“having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” (Colossians 2:12)
If you would like to be baptized at Wooddale Church or are looking for additional information, please contact email@example.com.