This weekend I challenged each of you to to Get a Grip on your mind by picking up your Bible and reading it for not only what it says but for what it is. The Bible is God Himself captured in ink . To live in the moment is to be aware of God right now and allow Him through His word to influence how you think about your environment.
Will you take a day this week to do this challenge:
- Turn off the noise! Other than what you must do for work, I want to challenge you to turn off the television and the computer and your music.
- Open up God’s word and read one chapter, it can be a Psalm, a chapter from one of the Gospels or a chapter from a book like Philippians. Before you begin just be still and become aware of Who you are reading. You are catching God’s breath, you are hearing His living voice. Read it slowly at least three times and on the third time underline the verses and phrases you feel He is directing specifically to you.
- Keep a journal and write down the verses you underline.
- Answer the question, “What is God saying?” For each verse.
- Answer the question, “What does this mean for my life?”
- Have a conversation with God about what you heard.
- Share with your friend or your family how your day went.
Wouldn’t it be great if we did this every day instead of just one day? To see the Get a Grip sermon go wooddale.org/sermon-archive.